Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Missing Lester Buster




This is a photo of my little Lester Buster.  Lester just had his 10th birthday.  He is at the stage of acting like a rebellious teenager and likes to ignore me when I call him to come inside.

Lester Buster is missing.  Someone who need not be named (Mr. Big Ed) let him go outside last night after dark.  I never let these cats out after dark.

Reason for that is that then I have to stay up till all hours standing in the doorway in my robe calling the little fleabags.  And I don't care to do that.

Anyhoo, everyone else had already gone to bed and I was locking up, turning off the lights and doing a head count and was short one Lester Buster.  Lester is my snuggle bunny and we cuddle and snuggle all night long, so it is hard to go to bed without him.  So I started calling him and checking all over the house, in closets, under things, etc and to no avail.  No Lester.

At 1 a.m. I went out in the car driving all over the neighborhood with my high beams on looking. No Lester.

Mr. Big Ed and both took turns getting up all through the night and checking out front. No Lester.

Here it is 11:30 a.m. and still no Lester.

I have been calling all my neighbors and letting them know to call me if they see his fat self roaming around.

I just printed up a recent picture of him and really?  How recent does a picture need to be?  He doesn't have a new hair style.  He looks exactly the same as when he a baby, just bigger.  Anyhoo, recent picture has been printed and I am going to make some copies and plaster them all over the place while I walk the streets calling his name like a crazy person.

Please cross your fingers that he comes home soon and just has awesome exciting tales of his night out at a kitty rave twirling glowsticks with all the other bad kitties.  I don't think I can do another night without my Lester Buster.

9 comments:

  1. My fingers are crossed for you! Find your kitty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, fingers crossed. I never liked my Elmo to stay out after dark. Too many other animals. On the few time that he didn't come running, I would worry all night long. I hope your Lester boy comes home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fingers are crossed for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm hoping he appears quickly. Such a worry not to know where he is. Come home precious kitty!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry! I hope he hurries home soon :( Is he the one that terrorizes the birds? Do you think they ganged up and carried him off?

    I totally understand that feeling of loneliness when your normal nighttime snuggler is not there. I've contemplated taking stuffed animals on business trips before because I'm so used to having Princess curled up on me ;)

    Here, Lester Buster.... here, kitty kitty....

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister's cat Evelyn disappeared and we were heartbroken because we have a huge coyote problem. Two weeks later, Evelyn comes sashaying in, all "Hey wazzup?" The next morning, she was gone again. We found out later she had moved in with the neighbors and didn't bother to tell anyone. Because she's crappy like that.

    I hope Lester Buster comes sashaying in your door real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you find your cat. I would just die a thousand deaths if my hens did not come when I called. They don't sleep with me, but that is because I would object.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your Lester Buster comes home TODAY. I have been in the same situation so I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete