1. First haircut - pixie (I was a small child and had no vote.)
2. First lunchbox - metal red plaid with matching thermos
3. First car - 1966 red and black Plymouth Belvedere (loved that car!)
4. First home of my own - 2 bedroom apt across from the college.
5. First home as a married person - 2 bedroom garden home on Ash Circle.
6. First pet on my own - Alice and Wallace, the cats.
7. First job - babysitting (did this for years with my sisters, we were like a home business)
8. First job with an actual paycheck - Goodies from Goodman's
9. First hospitalization - sadly it is giving birth. which should have been joyous, not necessarily in a hospital delivery room.
10. First out of country move - Guadalajara, Mexico
11. First foreign language learned - German
12. First time I felt less than - when my parents divorced when I was in elementary school and I thought I was now supposed to only associate with other children of divorce, which there were very few.
13. First time going somewhere on my own - summer camp at the Girl Scout camp in the mountains.
14. First trip away from the kids - in 1990 we went to Vermont to see fall foliage, and fell in love with New England.
15. First panic attack - in 1991 in Guadalajara the first time I left the kids with a babysitter and went to a concert.
16. First book I remember reading - Little Black Sambo
17. First smell memory - coming home from pre-school and smelling a big pot of starch cooking on the stove and my mama ironing.
18. First cuppa tea every morning - Taylor's of Harrogate Scottish Breakfast
19. First concert - must have been 1971 or 1972, Rare Earth and Sugarloaf. (Unless you are as old as I am you might have to google these bands!)
20. First perfume - Evening in Paris (a birthday gift from one of my friends back in 5th or 6th grade)
What a neat post!!
ReplyDeleteWow. You have a good memory and had really cool stuff.
ReplyDeleteThis is making me thing about the same questions and my answers.
fun! we came across a copy of Little Black Sambo in my Grandmom's closet :) yeah... my memory sucks way too much to be able to complete this!
ReplyDeleteYour #12 is very similar to mine.
ReplyDeleteThose are all very cool. I'm not sure I'd be able to remember as much. Unless you asked me what I had for lunch. Today.