One of the best and easily available luxuries is a long soak in a tub. Whether you add oils, bubbles, aromatherapy, salts, rubber duckies or Gerard Butler, a long bath is good for your body and your soul.
Check these out:
I am in heaven just looking at the pics and thinking of how to incorporate something like this into my bathroom. Maybe this is the little nudge I need to get started on my plans?
I have no idea how to go about updating a tired old 1970's bathroom with tons of wasted space. Where do you start? Contractors? Architects? Lowes? Have any of you ever faced this daunting project? It's really scary. And I sure as hell do NOT want to end up on an episode of Holmes on Homes. As much as I love that Brian Dennehy look-alike, I just don't want to be a case of "what NOT to do".
Holy Moly! Don't they look alike? And damn, they are hot, aren't they?
You're welcome. : )
Today's question: What would you choose to add to your bathroom to make it a spa experience, or just something decadent?




Can you imagine the rainfall shower while you're in the tub? Oh my. Unfortunately, all of my bathrooms are the size of matchbooks. It sounds like your's have big possibilities.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad Lester Buster is safe at home!!
I would add Jason Statham to be my bath attendant.
ReplyDeleteduffylou, The bathroom in question isn't huge by today's new home standards,but it is still pretty big. It just has a horrible floor plan, huge amounts of wasted space, and a teensy shower with barely enough room to change your mind. It seriously needs updating.
ReplyDeleteKelly, of course you would!
ReplyDeleteOh NO! You have ruined Mike Holmes for me!
ReplyDeleteMust gouge out eyeballs to remove image of Brian Whatshisface from my mind!!!!ack
Sluggy, you don't like Brian Dennehy? really?
ReplyDeleteIf I could do anything to my bathroom, I'd add counter/cabinet space. So un-exciting, I know!
ReplyDeleteWe might need a "before" pic of the bathroom :)
To me--Brian Dennehey is hot; Holmes is not. I have an old clawfoot tub, two in fact. The larger one is downstairs in a bathroom so tiny. My bathroom was originally on the back porch of this house that was built in 1902. They enclosed enough of the porch for a commode instead of using the outhouse. When I sit on the commode, I can lean forward and rest my head on the back of the tub while sticking my hand in the sink. T.I.N.Y. Oh, there are two doors in the bathroom. When I get out of the tub, I am standing in front of one door. I have to sidestep the sink to get through the other door. There is no shower. So, Lisapie, if you have anymore room than that, you have a huge bathroom to me! Saying it is 6'x10' would be exagerating. I have been watching a Bonanza dvd, so I will take Pernell Roberts, Adam Cartwright.
ReplyDeleteI already have a garden tub, to which I retire each and every night for a soak before bed. I love my bath! To make it extra special, I would totally add the dirty, dirty man Mike Rowe. I would let him use my loofah.
ReplyDelete