Have you ever heard of netSpend?
Neither had I. Until recently, that is.
I went out as I usually do and checked the mail. And I brought it in as I usually do and then sorted it. Lo and behold, there was a piece of important and official looking mail!
Addressed to: Ernest Bass
This was a great surprise to me, because the only mail any of my pets get is postcards from the vet's office reminding "them" of their upcoming visits. And his middle initial "T" was missing.
And! Since Mr. Ernest T. Bass has no thumbs I opened his mail for him. It was from the friendly folks (don't you just hate that word?) at netSpend.
netSpend decided that Ernest T. needed to have a Mastercard of his very own. (Now I tried and tried to take pictures of this, but the card has shiny silver numbers on it and glared like crazy, so don't judge the photographer too harshly)
That's right, my pit bull/St. Bernard has credit. Not just street cred.
After I quit laughing at how stupid this is, I then asked myself "Self, where did these brain trusts at netSpend get Ernest T.'s name? And why on earth did they decide he needed and DESERVED credit with their fine high-quality institution?"
Like I said, the only other mail he has ever gotten has been from the vet's office. But then I remembered that Ernest T. has his very own facebook page.
Mr. Big Ed in all his wisdom decided that Ernest T. needed a facebook page and needs to post things to incite, shall we say, STRONG debate? Could facebook have sold names and addresses to netSpend? My guess is yes.
Any ideas as to who will be getting a phone call from me? As soon as I can find a legitimate phone number for the lovely people at netSpend.


oh oh! You MUST post a transcript of how that call goes!
ReplyDeletethat is hilarrrrrrrrrrrrrrious!
That's too funny!
ReplyDeleteThe news had a story last night that facebook is making it easy for businesses to gain your personal info. Also, it will be easier for them to get your social security number.
ReplyDeleteI took down my date of birth this morning and my current city. Since I have a fairly common name, I could be one of hundreds. You my darling Lisa Pie, would be a different story.
BTW, have Ernest T. treat you to lunch.
I have heard that taking down things from FB does not work because the information is 'out there' and can still be accessed--like embarassing pictures. However, I don't know how that can be.
ReplyDeleteI'm thinkin it's time to charge that dog some rent! You know he has good credit.
ReplyDeleteMy dogs can't even get a library card, sheesh.