Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Raindrops on Roses

and whiskers on kittens.

Here is what I saw today when I was out and about in between rain showers.  Firstly, I smelled these roses and then I realized they were ROSES!  There were two huge round shrubby things as tall as I am and I did not recognize them as roses right off the bat.  I didn't have my camera with me and had to make do with my phone.  And I really tried to show the beauty of the glistening raindrops on the petals and the leaves.  I swear to you it was like the bush was sprinkled with little diamonds.  That's how much shining and glistening was going on.  Here are the photos!  Enjoy.













Spectacular!  That's all I can say about those.  I sure wish you were all here to smell them.  It was a joy to behold.

And since I mentioned the whiskers on kittens:





There is Little Lester Buster on top and then his brother Stanley Manley below.  Such charming, handsome boys.  And I don't think Lester looks a thing like Hitler.

One of Jonathon's friends came over one time and took one look at Lester Buster and said "That cat looks just like Hitler".  Rachel Pie's friend who was here says "There is a website about that".  I was so bumfuzzled.  First off that anyone would think my snuggle bunny Lester looked like Hitler and that there was a website devoted to cats that look like Hitler.  It is Cats that look like Hitler  So I go there every now and again and scope out all the cute "Kitlers".  Mr. Big Ed thinks we should enter Lester Buster and  have him win.  I don't think that would be a good think to win, myself.

Another cute cat website I found is this one  It is cats that look like Wilford Brimley.  Ha!

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous! (the roses, not Kitler) My grandmother had a rosebush like that, so the pic brought back some great memories.

    that is hilarious about (1) that Jonathon's friend said that and (2) that there is a web site devoted to Kitlering and (3) that Rachel's friend knew about the web site....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those roses are exquisite. They would make me happy just being in their presence.

    Cats look like Hitler. Some of them, (ahem, mine), also have his personality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @QueenB - You could have knocked me over when all that happened! Hitler? My Lester? Someone made a website? wtf??? Too darn funny!

    Rachel Pie's buddy is the same one who told me about Pandora. That boy knows more fun and cool websites and things to peruse. I love that guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh!!! Lovely!!! I can't grow anything, inside or out. I have a black thumb. :)

    ReplyDelete