This is just a little follow-up to yesterday. I was talking with my sister (Hi!! waving up north at you) and she suggested that if I am going to be handing out item after item that I consider putting things together in small bags. I thought this was a terrific idea, which means I get to type the word TERRIFIC! Anyhoo, I found the cute brown paper bags (recyclable, re-usable, compostable, all round good bags) and the fruit and also a couple packages of almonds and granola stuff marked down at Target.
So I am putting together bags with a bottle of water, a fruit or a bag of nuts and I am making some notes with some great affirmations on them to tuck inside. Kinda like a fortune cookie. I am really excited about this terrific project. I hope it brightens the day of the receivers. At most I encounter 3 or 4 homeless people a day and somedays none, so I don't think this is something that will be a hardship for our budget.
I will post any follow ups or comments I get from the recipients. If you have any suggestions for the affirmations, please send then to me. And thanks in advance for that!
And also big thanks to my sister for the great idea on how to easily get all these items out the window before the traffic light changes! :)
I LOVE this idea! Your sis is so creative :)
ReplyDelete