For some reason Spring Fever has hit hard and early in my house. Mr. Big Ed and I both are feeling it. This is in addition to what the locals call "Cedar Fever" that we have been suffering with for weeks on end already. I should have bought stock in Claritin years ago had I known.
But Spring Fever shows itself in many ways. Mr. Big Ed has been out digging in the dirt and turning the soil in the garden in hopes of hurrying along Tomato Planting Time. He has a well-organized collection of all heirloom seeds that he has already started planting in trays. When the seedlings are ready and danger of frost has past Mr. Big Ed will be out there planting away. We are determined to get a great crop of tomatoes this year so as to put up some chili sauce, salsa, and canned tomatoes. Wish us luck!
I cleaned out my closet this past week. That is a Spring Fever sign if there ever was one! My sister was telling me to hang all my hangers backwards now so that as I wear things I can re-hang them the right way and at the end of the year it's easy to tell exactly which items never got worn and can go in next year's clean out. This seems like a pretty good idea. I am sure I won't do it because hangers facing the wrong way would bother me. Sort of like wearing your socks on the wrong feet. I can't do that either.
Also, it is our semi-annual Brush and Large Item pick up time. This is when the city will pick up brush, huge limbs, branches and any random crap you can haul out of your garage. They do this twice a year by designated area. Our pick up will be next week, so all the houses are starting to accumulate piles out front. This is great garbage picking as evidenced by the number of people who drive by and stop and rummage through everyone's junk! I, myself, have been known to drive really slow and scope out piles just in case my neighbors don't know the value of xyz and I can salvage it and re-purpose it.
We never really had a winter this year. And with Spring Fever hitting early who knows what the rest of the year will bring? I guess we wait till tomorrow and see what ole Punxatawny Phil has to say!
I am SO ready for spring. We have had several fake winters...temperature crashing for a few days, and ice arriving. I am tired of it and ready for prolonged sunshine :)
ReplyDeleteI know! Where did the real winter go? Can we blame this on the economy? Can we blame it on Bush?
ReplyDeleteIf we don't get some serious rain down here I don't think the hill country will be awash in wildflowers come March and April. That's sad. :(