Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Oscars

It is that time again! Time for a big fat Oscar Party. Time to watch the red carpet walk and see who looks espectacular (Spanish for fabulous). I love to watch the Oscars. Even when I haven't seen all or any of the movies up for Best Picture. I loved it back when I was sneaking to watch it after bedtime and they would actually let people talk and the show would run really long and then I had a hard time getting up the next day for school. Now, they won't let people ramble on and on. And that's kind of a shame. I bet if I studied for years and worked as a poor, starving actress/waitress for more years and then finally got nominated I would have more than the allotted 2 minutes to talk about!

But here's the thing: we have season tickets to the Broadway shows that come to our gorgeous old downtown theatre. And we have been going with our friends since we moved here 5 years ago. And we always get the Sunday night tickets because that's when everyone is always available. This is the second year in a row that our tickets fall on Oscar night! So I will have to again record everything Oscar on my DVR and when we get home after 10 p.m. hurry and start watching and fast forwarding through the nonsense so I can see everything. You know you can't wait till the next day to watch because if you turn on the tv they will be talking about who won, who wore what, etc before you get to see it. This means I definitely have to pull an all-nighter to see what's what in this year's Oscars.

I always wish that one day I will have some friends over and we will all be dressed up and have up-do's and the whole nine yards and glamourous drinks to watch the Oscars. In this picture there is lots of shiny taffeta, and glittery jewelry and lipstick. Someday . . . .

1 comment:

  1. love awards shows
    love watching E! Fashion Police the next night :)

    ReplyDelete