My posse consists of either 5 or 6 of the 7 furry four-leggeds that I am the care-taker of. This depends on who is in the room, who is napping, who wants to see me trip and cuss and who might be outside stalking birds and squirrels.
This morning I looked over and there was my posse sunbathing in the window. Let me share this scene with you.
From left to right we have Angus MacPhee laying on top of the blue cat thing, then Stanley Manley is on the next lower level. Basking with his back legs straight out behind him in the window ledge is Fergus Jackson MacPhee. Riding in the King of the Hill spot high above everyone is Little Lester Buster and holding down all that oak flooring is the Princess Nikita Babushka. I don't know why she has a cat toy laying there next to her.
The only two missing from the group are Maxwell Banks II, and Ernest T. Bass.
There's the Princess laying there with her eyes half open. I wonder what she dreams about.
Stanley all curled up in his hammock-y type seat. He is such a handsome cat. He has one blue eye and one green eye. And when you stroke his fur, that big black spot on his back? It twitches and moves all over.
Look at that skinny stripey little Angus. You would never think that he is the one who wakes up with the sunrise and thinks if he goes around climbing into all the noisy mini-blinds and making as much racket as possible we will get up and let him go out and harass the early birds who are getting the worms. But you would be wrong if you were fooled by his cuteness. He is one huge pain in the ass in the wee hours.
There's my snuggle bunny, Lester Buster. I don't think he looks a thing like Hitler, do you?
And there's our Fergus stretched out in the window sill. Fergus has the softest most plush fur of any cat I have ever known. He also has gorgeous pale green eyes that look like jade. It would have been horrible if he had died at the tender age of 4. I am so grateful for all the care he got at the emergency 24 hour vet clinics that we now owe a fortune to on AMEX.
That's my Sept. 15th posse. Tomorrow might bring Maxwell and Ernest in to the mix, you never know! Stay tuned.

that first picture is just awesome! I'm sure you feel so completely loved when you look over and see your posse watching over you.
ReplyDeleteYeah... Doogie is my early morning annoyer. I pretty much threaten to kill her or turn her loose every morning between 4:30 and 5:30.
Princess used to be my posse. Wherever I was, there she was. Soon after we got the Tempur-pedic bed, I noticed that she wasn't hanging on the couch with me. Um, yes... she had gone and "tucked herself in," as we call it. I got trumped by the mattress...
Oh, I love your kitties and dog! More pictures, please!
ReplyDeleteI saw this obit this morning and thought of you:
http://tinyurl.com/3a7quc6
My heart went thumpety-thump! I love your posse!
ReplyDeleteI have been missing my big ginger cat, Elmo, ever since he went to live with our boy. While the dogs are wonderful, there is just something about a cat.
I want to snuggle all of yours!
Paula, I hope you come back to see this. That was a fabulous tribute to a life well spent. A very colorful life, indeed! You know if I am going to have an obit like that I am going to have to write it myself.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad his family did that for him. And thanks for sharing it. Look how many people are now wishing the wee Irish guy a safe journey.