Wednesday, September 15, 2010

More Randomness

Firstly, and most importantly, I want to say a big Thank You!  to all of you who are reading my drivel and still come back for more.  It does my heart good to see a comment or two.  So thank you.  You are appreciated.  And I mean that sincerely.

Secondly, Did you know that in 3 months and 9 days it will be Christmas?  Have you considered that?  Have you started your gift making, shopping, planning, listing, wrapping, decorating?  Any of it?  Heaven knows I haven't.  Good Lord, the year is 3/4 gone and I haven't even started!  Aaaarrrrgghh!  What am I going to do this year?  I feel like I am running out of ideas for good, clever and useful things to make.

Third, Halloween candy!  I am so excited about going shopping today for my first batch of Halloween candy.  Typically, I end up buying it 3 times between Sept. and Halloween.  So, today is the day!  Candy corn!  Reece's!  Teeny little Hershey's bars! Those cute little pumpkin things that taste just like Candy Corn!  Woot!!  Which is your favorite?

Fourth, Michael Franti has a new album coming out next week.  You need to run over to his site and check it out.  If you call me, you get to hear him on my Caller Tunes, plus he is also my default ringtone this year.

Fifth, Speaking of default ringtones; do you assign ringtones to certain individuals or groups of people?  I do.  And of course, I think some of my choices are hilarious!  Some are not necessarily hilarious but they are appropriate.

Sixth, tonight is the finale to the snoozefest that was Big Brother this summer.  And it is about flipping time.  Good Lord, has this season been boring.  Also, just before that is the season opener of Survivor with Jimmy Johnson and no hairspray.  I hope he hangs in for a really long time just so we can see him without hair products!  Love it!

Seventh, I wanted to update you on my sickly pet situation.  Fergus Jackson MacPhee, the kitty who was at death's door this summer?  36 hours before the cruise?  He is doing really well.  His transfusion plus this tonic made of vitamins and liver and heaven only knows what else has made a world of difference.  Not to mention all the prayers, well wishes and good vibes.  Yea Fergus!!  And Maxwell Banks II, the schnauzer with bladder stones?  He is on the mend and had all his staples removed from his incisions. He is on a special diet for now.

I am truly grateful for all your thoughts towards my little furry 4-legged babes.  Thanks, internet friends!!

5 comments:

  1. 1. love you :)
    2. I am fully aware! I have a countdown to Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Chris' birthday running on my Google home page... not that I'm ready for vacation time or anything ;)
    3. OMG. LOOOOOOOOOVE candy corn. We totally go through several rounds before Halloween.
    4. love calling you and getting an impromptu concert
    5. oh, yes... for my family members, they are assigned appropriate Aggie Band songs. Chris has the song we danced to at our wedding. Actually, I really need to update some ring tones...
    6. Could Sunday's episode have been any more boring?!
    7. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. Nothing as traumatic as sick pets. They provide such unconditional love, and it's hard to see them suffer and feel helpless :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your critters are on the mend. It's so hard when they are sick since they can't just tell you what is wrong, huh?

    And if you like candy corn, you need to make candy corn fudge!lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, that just kind of makes me want to vomit in my mouth that we're that close, AGAIN. Maybe this will be the year I stay ahead of the game.

    I'm glad your babies are feeling better.

    I just bought myself 4 bags of the Autumn Mix. The candy corns and the pumpkins and put them in my candy dish. It's our way in Florida of saying Fall is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I was drooling over candy corn and the pumpkins today. Usually, I try to stay away from purchasing them until the last minute. Then, a tiny bag, gotten only at a drug store, is all I need for just the one of me. And, usually that backfires because all the tiny bags sell out. Then I buy a big bag and devour it all. It makes me feel ill to eat so much pure sugar, but I do it anyway. My plan this year: buy the tiny bags when they are on the shelf...early. Then, give them to exbf to bring to me just before Halloween. Okay, I know that is inane, but it is a plan that would work. I am weak. Quit laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG OMG OMG OMG

    Speaking of Big Brother needing excitement: http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/15/big-brother-michelle-noonan-pumkin-heat-dunbar-flavor-of-love-i-love-money-real-world-playboy-reality-sex-tv-show-foursome/

    HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete