Monday, May 3, 2010

Weird but fun!

So, I get home yesterday afternoon and I am reading the paper.  You know, the obits, the comic pages, what's on sale at World Market, etc.  And in the Taste section (which is restaurant reviews, recipes, wine, gastronomic events and such) there is a giant photo of Dan Aykroyd holding a glass skull-shaped bottle.

Here is the website for his venture.  I have always liked Dan Aykroyd and especially Ghostbusters and the Blues Bros.  But I never knew he was batshit crazy in real life.  Did you?

So he is going to be at a local liquor store on Thursday signing bottles and I will be in line to buy one of these interesting little gems.


They are really cool looking and they claim to have won several awards for their high quality vodka, so I not at all worried about it tasting like crap.  And I get to meet Mr. Aykroyd and get him to sign a bottle for me.  It should be a fun event!

What I want to know is if I am the last person on the planet to know about this?  Am I that far out of the loop?  

Oh, and it's Game Day!  Semi-finals, game 1, Spurs vs. Suns.  I am wearing my usual black and gray with lots of Spurs regalia.  Go Spurs Go!!

5 comments:

  1. What the freak is he talking about?

    Will you ask him that for me?

    That should be a blast. I'm thinking he's being his usual silly self and isn't taking any of this serious, but 13 crystal heads? And ghosts? And whatever, Dan. Maybe he'll pull out a little Blues Bros for you. Oh, and let me know how the vodka tastes.

    And no, I knew nothing about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I think he is totally serious.

    Do you think this vodka will be $75 a head? I really hope for all of this advertising, of which I watched the whole video and read the FAQ, the vodka lives up to the hype.

    Like Joann said please report how the vodka tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. I got about halfway through that bizarro video thing and gave up. But I will see how it goes at the bottle signing. And no, I don't think it is $75 a head. What I saw online was $44.

    A few years back when we were living in Mexico City I went and stood in a horrendous line to meet Don Julio of Don Julio Tequila fame and had him sign a bottle of his fabulous 1942 tequila for my husband for his birthday. So far, he is refusing to open it. A signed and numbered bottle of superior quality tequila has been sitting on the counter in our bar for almost 10 years now.

    But if they are doing tasters and the skull vodka is exceptional I will get two. One to drink and one to save for posterity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a show about the 13 crystal skulls and I was so fascinated. Now after reading Wikipedia about the skulls, I see that they're all fakes. So disappointed.
    It is a good marketing tool, though.

    ReplyDelete