It has been a whole week since I have actually posted anything. I am kinda shocked. I have been busy as well. Shocked and busy.
So I decided I would do some random stream of consciousness musings, ramblings and maybe even a rant or two!
1. Which do you find most annoying? People who smack their food, people who slurp their soup, coffee or whatever, or people who do that weird breathing thing when they talk like that douchebag Dr. Phil?
Let's face it, all three of those are annoying in the extreme. Just curious.
2. I love, love, love, pink puffy heart, love my Kindle!!! And you know what else I love? My Borsa Bella carry bag for my Kindle. Isn't it cute? It's stylish, functional, and protective. It has a front pocket that holds the power cord, a cel phone or whatever else you might need. Love the Borsa Bella bag! Check out her site. She has bags for damn near every electronic device you could have. She has purses, totes and even the cutest diaper bags ever! And no, I do not own this company, I do not even personally know anyone affiliated, or anything else. I seriously love my Borsa Bella Bag for my beloved Kindle! and by the by? The one I linked you to is the one I got! I do love those big flowery things!
3. This one might be a problem. I went to the free books for Kindle site to get some fabulous classics for free for my Kindle. I got some great books by the by. But then somehow I mosied over to the not-for-free books and was throwing them in my shopping cart willy-nilly just as if I were still in the free area! Word to the wise: Never shop both areas at the same time! Never. And let me just reiterate: N E V E R.
4. My friend Patty Cakes is out of town. So I have no one to read the obits with. It's sad and not near as much fun to read the obituaries all alone. There I was reading yesterday with my highlighter in hand ready to find some little gem, some fabulous turn of phrase, someone who really took the time and wanted to showcase their dearly departed's life. And nothing. Yes, people died. Yes, it was sad. But, nothing really stood out. It was a (I hate to say it) a dull week in the obit section. Maybe that is a good thing? Maybe we don't want our fabulous, flamboyant, and living life to the fullest people to be dying off?
5. My niece got married last fall. She is such a sweet and beautiful girl and made a lovely bride. Anyhoo, she and her new husband built a big, beautiful home and furnished it together and filled it with wedding gifts. They have 2 dogs and are a happy new family. Then Friday night we were completely covered in thunderstorms. The whole area was inundated by rain, flooding, thunder, and lightning. Her husband woke between 4 and 5 a.m. to the sound of the smoke alarm going off. He opened the bedroom door to see what was going on and found himself standing in water and able to see the night sky above him. Night sky surrounded by flames where their roof used to be.
He grabbed his new bride, they got their dogs and her purse and ran out and watched their house burn down. All their belongings gone. Their wedding photos gone. All the wedding gifts gone. I know, they are lucky to be alive and have each other. And it makes you sound ungrateful if you don't preface with that thought each and every time you say "all my stuff is gone". But if I were in her shoes, I would be falling apart. You can not plan for a random lightning strike. And all weekend I have been having these thought creeping into my consciousness "what would I do?, how would we go about corralling all our multitude of pets?, what would I want to grab and take with me on my way out the door? what will I have regrets over?"
See why I have no great and interesting thing to post today? My brain is completely absorbed by this tragedy. I keep thinking of her day-to-day life and how every aspect of it is changed. "oh, I need to get dressed. wait, I don't have any clothes", or "I will just put that in the washer. nope, no washer." She has to start completely over. New clothes, new makeup, new shampoo, temporary place to live. I haven't even asked yet if their cars were in the garage and are now totalled or not.
6. I can't end on news of my niece and her home. So here's one more thought. Are you gardening? Are you composting? Are you harvesting rain water? Are you using less of those horrendous plastic bags? You should know by now how I feel about those bags. They are worse than Dr. Phil. At least he doesn't sit in my pantry and multiply.
So truly sorry for your niece's loss. I would never know where to start if all my belongings where gone.
ReplyDeleteI'm down to two dogs and a man so that is what would have to get out. Not an enormous crowd like in the past.
On a lighter note, LOVE the bag! So very cute.
Thoughts like #5 keep me lying awake nights planning how I would get all the kids out if any tragedy like that ever happened.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your niece and so glad no one was hurt.
I am so sorry, Lisapie. A fire is one of the most traumatic events a person can wether because it is the loss of everything. And that thought is almost incomprehensible. Thank God they are okay.
ReplyDeleteAnd I hate to sound just terribly superficial going from one thing to another, but I am an avid recyclable grocery bag girl. Several years ago, I was in Europe and they'd already been doing it for years. In fact, the store I was in didn't even have grocery bags. I bought a couple of their bags and loved them. I probably own 40 to 50 bags and I hand them out to friends and family who are still hooked on plastic. There is no reason to use plastic grocery bags. Ever. So, I'm big on that. The only thing is, my husband pooh-poohs my bags and just gets the plastic when he shops. It drives me crazy!
And smacking food is a HUGE pet peeve of mine.
I'm off to check out the bags now!
wow... the thought of Dr. Phil multiplying in my pantry is a tough idea to wrap my head around ;)
ReplyDeleteterrible news about your niece and her husband. s c a r y
so happy you love all your kindle stuff! the bookstore is the real hidden cost and why I haven't gotten one ;)
I too am sorry for your neice's loss. I have that thought only about earthquakes.
ReplyDelete