Here is the award:
I loved all of her choices. I made a list of my very own and tried and tried to narrow it down to 5. But 12 was about as good as it got. However! Since some of Joann's were the ones I would have chosen, I am selecting my 5 that are different from her 5 even though some of hers (Gerard Butler in p.s. I love you) ranks way up on my list. So, as they are wont to say on Dancing with the Stars all the flipping time, "And now, in no particular order . . . . "
Here are 5 of my top 12:
Rodrigo Santoro in Love, Actually. Even with Colin Firth, Hugh Grant, Liam Neeson and all the rest, when this guy was on screen my heart just melted. Laura Linney was a big fat wiener for not turning off her damn cell phone! Good Lord, what was she thinking! Brazil, I thank you mightily for sending us this fine man to share on the movie screen.
I know, Joann chose Robert Downey Jr. in Ironman. But for me, this character from Only You is the most romantic person he has ever played. I adore this movie because of him.
Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Aaaah. Remember him as Denny Duquette on Gray's Anatomy? Remember him as the poor recently departed husband on Weeds? Remember him as the Other Irish Guy in p.s. I love you? Fabulous.
Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a photo of Lenny Kravitz without sunglasses? Lenny with no hair, hot. Lenny with puffy afro, really hot. Lenny with his really long dreads, steaming smoking hot.
Naveen Andrews. aka Sayid on Lost and that other guy on the English Patient. Just look at that handsomeness. So dashing and strong and full of confidence. Love him.
In order to cut down on the length here I am just going to tell you the rest of my list.
Bruce Willis - I have loved Bruce Willis since the first episode of Moonlighting. There is nothing like a man with that much self-confidence, self-deprecating humor and just enough swagger.
Stanley Tucci - His new role in The Lovely Bones, not withstanding. He is a beautiful man. And those eyes.
Carey Grant - more of the handsome self-deprecating funny and just too much fun.
Denzel Washington - I don't even know how to describe how handsome he is.
Gerard Butler - honestly, with Harry Connick, Jr. and Jeffrey Dean Morgan starring along with him in p.s. I love you, you wouldn't think he would steal the whole movie would you? But steal it he did. Along with the hearts of every woman who saw it.
Colin Firth - back to the cast of Love, Actually. I can't imagine how this movie could have crammed any more gorgeous men in that cast. Colin Firth is such a good actor that when I went to look at pictures online, every photo was completely different. He is chameleon-like in his ability to become the new character.
John Corbett - I believe some of you may already know of my adoration of Mr. Corbett. My love of him goes all the way back to Northern Exposure when he was Chris in the morning. Oooh! And have you seen the new previews of Sex and the City 2? He's in it! Yea! Plus, you can watch him every week on Showtime in the series United States of Tara.
That's my 12, I mean 5. Plus 7 extras. : )
Enjoy and feel free to post your 5 right here!






Oh, I love it so much!
ReplyDeleteThanks for shouting me out. Very sweet, indeed. So, thank you for that.
And now, because as you know, I love men and I love talking about men, so If I may discuss?
That freakin' guy, I don't know his name, from Love Actually? Holy Hellacious, Hojammamama! That was one of the sexiest love scenes I have ever seen! I would have been like, "Um, Crazy Brother? You're just gonna have to sit in your strait jacket for awhile." And then I would have turned that phone off!
I love Robert and Jeffrey Dean Morgan was actually on my long list. He had to get cut, unfortunately.
And Lenny Kravitz? I would have a baby with him. He would make the most beyoootiful babies.
I forgot about Denzel until one of my readers put him on her list and I was all, "Oh, Denzel! How could I have forgotten Denzel?" That man smolders in sexiness when he is on the screen.
And Gerard, when he said that in the movie about kissing is a man's business, I swear, I almost passed out!
Now, here's the only bad thing I have to say about Colin Firth. I adore him. He's so gorgeous. But, my sister and I really like to rate actor's kissing. For instance, Richard Gere? Best kisser, ever! Watch him. But, Colin Firth is not a good kisser. Here's an example. At the end of Bridget Jones, the climax where he grabs her in his arms in the pouring rain and he kisses her and it's just, not so good. I think it's the repressed English man thing. He does not look like a good kisser.
And John Corbett. Oh, John Corbett. That scene in Sex and the City when Carrie comes out of a bar and he's sitting there and he hadn't been on all season and then he was there looking hotter than ever because he'd lost that weight. Oh, gosh.
I love that list, LisaPie! It's so fun to act like a teenager like this!
You guys are great! I love it. It is definitely the kiss. Forget all the other stuff. If you don't have the kiss, NEXT!
ReplyDeleteI am apparently brain dead while vacationing. This should not be a hard list to put together ;)
ReplyDeleteDefinitely Denzel in almost any movie... so hot
I'll go for Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall
I know I should have more than 2... will come back