Friday, January 22, 2010

Making something out of nothing

I am trying to hurry and get all the office cleaning and organizing done that I can in the month of Jan.  So I brought in the step ladder that lives in my pantry and got up eye-level with the top shelves and started working my way down.

Oh, sorry about the before pics!  I had already cleared 65 cookbooks off the shelves BEFORE I got the great idea to continue with the office for the last 12 days of Jan.  So I felt like any pics I took would not truly be "before" photos but more like "in the midst" pics.  I swear I will do good pictorials of the next month's room.

Back to the shelves and what I found on them.  Mr. Big Ed keeps saying that all that stuff on the shelves is mine.  Mine.  In his office.  But they are all mine.  Mr. Big Ed is a big fat liar, is what he is.  This office has one wall that is all built-ins.  Cabinets below and shelves above.  4 shelves wide with 5 shelves high on each.  They are about a yard each so that makes it about 4 yards across in total.  That's pretty frigging wide.

The far right ones are the ones that contain cookbooks.  They were completely jam-packed and now there is breathing space.  I am happy with them.  If you were keeping count at all that leaves 15 more shelves and I just counted 10 books that are mine.  10 books out of 15 YARDS of shelf space.  I rest my case, gentlemen of the jury.  Is Mr. Big Ed a big fat liar or what?

Oh, and back to the reason for this post.  I found a thin paperback journal that was from when I was pregnant with Jonathon.  Which I had done a piss-poor job of filling in.  It's one of those pre-printed "I felt this way, and the person I admire most is _____" kind of things.  And first I put it in the throw away pile, but then after I got down off the ladder I decided to look at it and see what my 25 year old self had filled in.  Not much, that's what. But I did find some great fill-in-the-blank pages towards the back for moms and dads to use to think about the birth and how things went.  So instead of trashcanning this book I am going to scan and print up copies of these pages for my clients.  Instead of rubbish it is now a resource!!  I am loving this!

2 comments:

  1. what a cool find!

    Ok, does Mr. Big-Fat-Liar-Ed now claim ownership of the other 15 yards of books? I'm thinking that maybe they're no one's and there is a journey to Half Price Books in their future...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far he has not! But just try to take one of his Buddhist, Zen, Kabbalah, Mysticism, Carl Sagan, Einstein books off the shelves and watch all the calm Zen-ness leave his body in a nano-second!!

    ReplyDelete