Sunday, January 31, 2010

1980's called

Sorry for throwing 2 posts out in one day!  But I cracked myself up so bad last night that I knew if I didn't get it down here right away I would forget.  And then you wouldn't be in on the hilarity that was my phone call with the RachelPie.

RachelPie has been sick, under the weather, sporting a bad winter cold, all that.  So she decided to drive over to Blockbuster and rent herself a movie to watch while she is cooped up trying to feel better and stay warm.  And why wouldn't she want to call me and share this lovely experience with me via telephone?

Me:  "Mmmmm-yellow"  (This is the way I answer the phone when I know it is her or one of my sisters)
RP: "Mmmm-Mama!"  (This is the way she starts all conversations with me)
Me: "What's going on Rachel Pie?"
RP: "Not much, just driving over to Blockbuster to rent a movie"
Me: "Really?  Blockbuster?  Maybe you should get one of those really NEW movies like Pretty in Pink or Sixteen Candles?"
Me further:  "Yeah, I bet all the cool kids will be there with scrunchies in their hair and wearing leg/ankle warmers"
Me being even more hilarious:  "Don't forget about Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing, it's like a classic now and he has such great hair"
RP: "That's not funny!  I never see anyone in Blockbuster wearing hair scrunchies!"
Me:  ROTFLMAO
RP: (Didn't like any. single. movie suggestion I made.  Not. One.  Can you believe that?)

Guess which movie she rented to take home?

DIRTY DANCING!!!

You know that girl was dancing around in her bedroom pretending she was Baby, don't you?  I bet she was wishing she had a scrunchie or at least one of those hair crimpers and some leg/ankle warmers. Ha!  I love it!

3 comments:

  1. I just bought one of my friend's baby a onesie that says, "Nobody puts Baby in the corner." I couldn't help myself.

    I watched Sixteen Candles just the other night. I still laugh as hard as I did the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long Duck Dong!! funniest name ever in a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO! You're totally hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete