
I have read several of Salman Rushdie's books and I still
think that Satanic Verses is one of the best books ever written. This one is shaping up nicely to be a real classic as well.
The other books on my nightstand waiting to be read are The Son of a Witch and A Lion Among Men the 2nd and 3rd sequels to Wicked. I left the Wicked series to read the other book he did about Cinderella and the Stepsisters. I love the background he gives us about the locale, the history of the people, etc.
Oh, and I wanted to say that when I was looking online for a picture of the book cover, it seems that the British version was released with a completely different cover. I wonder why that is?
I just didn't want you thinking all I do is watch trashy reality t.v. shows! I do read. I read a lot actually. Do any of you have any suggestions of things to put on my reading list? Do any of you want any suggestions from me for your lists? Let me hear from you!
And happy reading to all!
I need to elevate my extracurricular reading at some point..... I am currently reading Sandra Brown's semi-newest. Also, Corporate Finance and had started The Great Santini but put it down in favor of James Patterson's latest....
ReplyDeleteoh, and I watch trashy reality TV :)
1. People of the Book -- an amazing read
ReplyDelete2. The Girls from Ames - really, really good book about female friendships and maintaining same through the years
3. The Women - about the wives and lovers of Frank Lloyd Wright
4. Three Cups of Tea - one of my all-time favorites
5. All Over but the Shoutin' - another favorite
The hummingbird's daughter! I think you'd love it. I just started. and I cant wait to finish it and read the rest of his books. So far i think you'd love it.
ReplyDeleteoh yeah, and im reading some boring buddhist books, and some permaculture books for class.