I haven't posted a recipe in forever so I thought as long as I was looking this one up I would go ahead and type it in here.
This recipe is from the Dallas Jr. League Cookbook that I received as a shower gift waaaaaay back 1981 from Mozelle Reuter. Mozelle was one of the nicest people you could ever meet. Her husband George was my Mama's boss for many years. Anyhoo, this book Mozelle gave me is one of my very favorite cookbooks. I believe it is out of print but I find copies every so often in a used book store. Mine is all messy and spattered and falls open to the most used pages, just the way a cookbook ought to.
This recipe is for Honey Lime Dressing which is fabulous! Especially on fruit of any kind including melon balls. I promise you will love it. According to the book it was submitted by Mrs. E. Don Rott. This was back in the day when women went by Mrs. Husband's Name. Personally I am glad this particular little etiquette rule has gone by the way side. People also used to say "Didn't you used to be (insert your maiden name here)?" Yeah I did. And guess what? I am STILL that person! And the mean side of me wants to poke fun of Mr. E. Don Rott's name right now. I mean, really. Can you say Mr. E. Don Rott without doing it with an accent? First I said it with an Asian accent, then I went to British. Makes me wonder what the E. stood for. And what was Mrs. E. Don Rott's name?
Enough sidetracking: Without further ado . . . .
Honey Lime Dressing
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
2 Tbsp. dry mustard
1 Tbsp. dry ginger
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup lime juice
1/3 cup water
2 cups salad oil
Mix sugar, honey, mustard, ginger and salt in a blender on low speed. Add lime juice and water. Add oil very slowly with blender on high.
Makes about 1 quart.
See? Now isn't that easy? And please, for heaven's sake, use fresh lime juice! Don't get that pre-packaged bottled crap. And don't you love how they use "salad oil"? No one does that anymore. In case you are wondering, that means a really light oil with very little flavor. Don't be breaking out the big guns of EVOO!
Enjoy!
Sounds easy and yummy....that's 2 criteria for anything I cook.lolol
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting this!