Ok, so tonight was the series finale of "The L Word". I don't want to spoil it for anyone but I didn't really get it. If you did, please feel free to let me know. To me it was kind of like the end of the Sopranos, all these years of watching and then the last year all this lead up to the big huge finale that for me just. . . . fizzled. Same thing here tonight. I have to give this episode a grade of a B or even B-, sorry I was not dazzled.
And then it was the finale/graduation of the Tool Academy! Now, that was a hoot! Actually, a hoot and a half. ***Here is a spoiler. If you by chance haven't seen the end of this and still want to be surprised as to the outcome stop reading here. Do not go to the next paragraph.
Now that I have cleared out those who haven't yet seen the ending, here is what happened. I was right, that little skinny boy Josh just had to be patient and bide his time and all the maroons around him imploded. Good job, Josh! And Ashley. The end where he got to graduate was really moving since the poor guy hadn't actually ever graduated from anything before this. But then, when he got down on one knee and gave Ashley a new ring (apparently paid for by the show) that seemed like it was the icing on the cake for them. But NO! There was more! Who woulda thought? The Tool Academy had a beautiful wedding planned for them with their families there and boatloads of flowers and a dress and according to Josh "some guy playing a harpoon" that was really a harp. Ha! Now that was funny!
Somehow The Tool Academy people found the only minister in the world who was willing to use the word Tool in the vows about 1,350,000 times. :) I laughed out loud and almost had to rewind and watch some of it in slow motion it was so damn funny. Don't miss next week when they will have the Tool Academy Reunion and we get to see which couples are still together or still broken up or whatever and if any of the changes were lasting for these tools. Honestly, this show ranks right up there with my favorite show, My Big Redneck Wedding for cheesy appeal. If you haven't seen that one, please, please, make a point of seeking it out on your channel guide. You won't be sorry! Seriously, this is just the funniest show on t.v.
Sunday night has become a good t.v. night with The L Word (r.i.p.), Desperate Housewives, Cold Case, The Amazing Race, Big Love, The United States of Tara, Secret Diary of a Callgirl, and The Tudors starting back up soon.
Speaking of Amazing Race: what gives that none of them seemed to know that C H E K H O V spelled out the name of a Russian playwright? Where did these people go to school? Did these people go to school? I think it is really cute that Phil is trying to sign to Luke when they get to the mat, don't you? I wish they would change the rules where if your teammate is Victor and being a jackass you can vote him off and bring in a better partner! :) His poor sister, I really feel bad for her. It reminds me of the Asian father/daughter team from last time. I can't remember their names right this minute, but he was even more arrogant and headstrong than Victor.
That's it for Sunday night t.v. updates. Thanks for tuning in. See you next week, same Bat time, same Bat channel. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment