That rambling post from yesterday was not very well thought out, mostly stream of consciousness rambling, but necessary. I just don't understand how everyone became so hateful and Us v. Them. Is it social media and all the fake news and Russian bots messing with every one's minds? Who knows? How is it possible to prove or disprove any of these things?
I do know that when I bring up how I feel to anyone, especially people in my family, they immediately go on the defense and start the whole "Yeah, well what about Bill Clinton?" or even worse my own mother pulled this shit on me "We put up with 8 years of Obama, you can live through 4 years of Trump".
Why does talking about how awful one person is mean we have to compare and contrast to anyone else? Just recognize that you have backed a losing horse and get off of it and start again with more knowledge and choose better. I don't believe our country will be able to recover from much more of this administration. It is unbelievable the damage that has already been started, the relationships with other countries that have been eroded. We have lost all credibility and no way are we considered the number one country in the world, a world power and all that. There is not one area of our lives that hasn't been negatively affected. I am beyond scared and truly do not know where we can go from here.
In the good news column we have some good choices for the next election to put up as candidates to help right this ship. We have Elizabeth Warren, Julian Castro (our former mayor and hometown favorite), possibly Beto O'Rourke (we should hear more about this in the coming weeks), and a host of others are still reviewing their options. Surely, we can find 2 great, dynamic, strong candidates to get us back on track. I would love to see Cory Booker and Kamala Harris get in this.
Today is the Women's March, the 3rd annual. And sadly, I did not make it to ours. Our local march turned into a rally and we had cold weather blow in overnight and I wasn't able to get there. They changed it to a rally because the date fell 2 days before the Martin Luther King March on Monday. The MLK march here is usually the largest or one of the largest in the country. They expect at least 300,000 participants. So, the Women's March kind of got lost this year.
If you are experiencing these same emotions and feelings and have any words or advice to help, please share in the comments. I need to find some healthy coping skills. Thanks for coming by and reading.
Guess you didn't take my advice. You sound like a broken liberal record. You really need to turn off the cool aid and sit in the FOX News broadcast offices and listen to their spew for a good two weeks to detox. The Liberal left is dying and it looks like they are taking you down with them. Sad.
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to sit behind your computer and stay Anonymous, isn't it? I don't know who you are and never got any advice to take so your point is moot. And Kool-Aid is the proper spelling of that product. If you want to have a real honest and respectful conversation, please respond. If not, well, there you go.
DeleteTrump has lowered standards of discourse! He depresses me, too.
ReplyDelete