It's about flipping time! Big Brother is back on. Summer night time viewing is happening. Now, initially I think I liked 2 or 3 of the new houseguests/hamsters, but as their true colors start breaking through I may have to revise my opinion.
WARNING!!! Because my brain has turned 50 and menopause has kicked in, my memory has turned to crap SOOOOO since I watch the Showtime after dark stuff which is in "real time" as opposed to the Sunday and Tuesday night shows which are recorded snippets of what happened during the week, I may be talking about things that are happening in the house NOW, and that may reveal who is on the block, who is talking smack about someone else, who is sleeping with whom, all that sort of stuff. So if you don't watch the live feeds or the night time stuff on Showtime, you may just want to skip my talks about BB, or alternately you could just pick up on what's happening and not have to suffer through 3 hours of late night viewing!
What gives with this year's cast? For the most part they are sooooo boooring I can't stand it. The ones that aren't boring are just irritating. Could Chima's laugh be any more annoying? I would be pushing the button, throwing in the towel, doing whatever it took to get me the hell out of there if I had to listen to her all day and all night long. OMG! The other one that irritates the beejeebers out of me is Natalie. S T F U, now! Good Lord she is so aggressive, belligerant, defensive, and just plain mean. Aaaarrrgh! Of course, I couldn't stand Natalie from 2 seasons ago either. Maybe it's just Natalies in general I don't like? :)
Hell's Kitchen started up last night with a bang, didn't it? Seriously? If you are making a "signature dish" to serve to Gordon Ramsay so that he can make a judgment about you, your skills, your so-called culinary point of view, etc; would you bring out the sausage gravy and biscuits? Are you looking for a job at a truck stop in Atlanta? wtf? No wonder that poor schmuck got kicked out. And the way they ended it? With that guy that sounds like he's from south Boston up in Chef Ramsay's face? What was that? Did someone spike that guy's water? That all just seemed to come out of left field. Very odd.
But nothing was as weird as seeing Gordon Ramsay's new highlights. What was up with his hair? Hmmmm???
What else have I been watching? MTV has been running a series called 16 and pregnant, and it is surprisingly good. Really good. I am hoping they are going to put it on dvd and we can use it as a teaching tool for some of our younger clients so they know what they are up against. It seems like a great way to reach some of the kids before they get in that situation. This week they are doing a reunion show of a sort with all the girls, babies, baby daddys if they are still around, etc. and Dr. Drew. I hope it's going well for all of them.
That new HBO series called Hung is shaping up to be a good one. Entourage is back on, praise the Lord! And speaking of HBO series, I totally called it that True Blood is going to end the season with a confrontation between Sookie and Jason at that weirdo church compound. All things point to a big show down there.
More later!
I've been avoiding your post, since I'm waaaaay behind on BB and haven't seen Hell's Kitchen yet. stupid cbs.com for not allowing me to view their shows outside the US. Um, abc.com does! get with the program, people!
ReplyDeleteAnyhoo, agree, the cast so far is boring and annoying. And idiots! These guys are terrible game players. Ronnie is such a doof, Chima and Natalie and Laura all need to leave.
HK, I have to watch with Chris. It's required.
16 and preg, I have seen before. It's not in my usual rotation, but tends to be a Saturday afternoon, nothing else on watch.
oh, and as annoying as Russell can be, he gets to stay because he's nice to look at ;) that'd be my type, I suppose.
ReplyDelete