I didn't expect to hear from the vet till late this afternoon, but he called me at 9:30 this morning. My poor little Gato Pato does in fact have lymphosarcoma of the intestinal area. The only course of treatment recommended is chemotherapy and steroids. It either works really well and keeps them in remission for a good long time or it doesn't do much and it's all over fairly quickly.
We are starting all this on Wednesday morning. I am not happy with the options of 1. chemo and steroids or 2. nothing. Nothing is not an option I can live with. Nothing is not what my Gato deserves. I have always said that if faced with the options of having to take chemo I didn't think I would be able to do it. But that is for me. That's not for my cat who can't voice his opinion. I just can't imagine that he would choose "let's do nothing and watch me die".
My plan is to take it week by week and see how he is doing. If he is going to respond well to this it will be noticeable right away in the first few weeks. I am hoping and praying for the best.
If you are so inclined I would really appreciate any prayers, good wishes and positive vibes. And I promise to get back to other topics.
ugh, those two options definitely suck. Hopefully option 1 doesn't leave Gato Pato hairless and with giant muscles... then he'd look like Chris, I guess!
ReplyDeleteWe will definitely be thinking about and praying for y'all. I hate that you have to go through this :(