Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Seriously Random Thoughts

This is something I have thought for a while but haven't really shared with other people.  Have you ever looked at your pets in the mirror?  My cats love to jump up on the sink and drink water from the slowly dripping, trickling faucet so I have looked at them in the mirror on many occasions and I am struck by the way they look different to me when I look at them straight on or at their reflection.

And that led me to thinking about how we mostly see ourselves in a mirror 90% of the time and maybe the other 10% is in photographs.  Which is the real self?  The backwards reflection?  Or the photographed image?

And is this why people always say they hate photos of themselves?  Because our perception of what we should look like is just enough changed from what we see on a daily basis?

This is what happens when you are sick for too long and have way too much time on your hands so you ponder weird shit like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few years back I posted loads of pictures of all the different kinds of candy corn at the Walgreen's. This year, had I taken pictures of all the new candy corns you would be looking at about 5 more new flavors.  Now, why on earth do we need any new types of candy corn?  I like regular candy corn and see no reason to add Caramel Macchiato or Pumpkin Spice or S'more flavoring to it.  Those things are never going to taste as good as you think they will.  I promise to take some pics of the damn candy corn aisle next time I am over there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I had had any idea back at the first part of April when I got sick and started coughing that damn near SIX MONTHS LATER I would still be sick the smart thing to do would have been to buy Walgreen's stock.  It's a good thing I didn't have any idea that this thing would hang in here this long because it is just too ridiculous for words.  My next move is to find a good allergist and get some extensive testing done.  The fall allergy season is upon us and I am not at all ready to take it on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Usually by now I have my Christmas list made and worked out what gifts I will be making and made good headway on having a bunch of them done.  And you would think with all the time I have spent at home doing nothing I could have achieved that and even finished most of them by now.  And yet, no.  I am blaming my lack of energy and stamina on the 93% oxygen saturation that I was at for all summer long and just being exhausted by the never-ending coughing.  So the truth is that I have done next to nothing and really have no clue about the Christmas list and gifting.  That's sad for me to admit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was really looking forward to The Bastard Executioner, the new show by Kurt Sutter who did the Sons of Anarchy.  It premiered last night and was a big 2 hour extravaganza.  It took me damn near the first hour to get involved in it and figure out who was who.  I can't really tell how it will go yet.  There was a LOT of set up of time, place, characters, conflict, etc.  It is very reminiscent of The Vikings.

~~~~~~~~~~

Just so you know, I am done D U N with talking about my health and being sick this year.  It is boring and a pain in my ass and I am quite sure no one else wants to hear this crap either.  So rest assured, if you come back here to read again, there will be no more of the sick talk.

I am also done with using the cute little spacers between my random thoughts.  I thought it was a good idea, but now I don't think so.

Hope you are having a really good day in your part of the world.  Let me hear from you on the mirror vs photograph idea.

1 comment:

  1. candy corn..... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)
    I hate hearing a recording of my voice...just like your point on pics/mirrors, my voice sounds different in my head than when I hear it played back!

    ReplyDelete