Who else is completely bonkers enough to spend every waking moment glued to the Casey Anthony trial? Anyone?
Just me?
I am positive that is not the case. There are at least 10,000 people on the message boards of the live feed I am watching.
My observations so far:
1. Casey's hair has grown like a foot or more in the time she has been in jail.
2. This is the slowest moving trial EVER!
3. Her lawyer is a complete wiener. She should demand a new one and get a refund on anything he has been paid. If the jury is influenced at all on legal skillz, she is sunk. This guy has none. Sometimes it seems he is making the prosecution's case for them.
4. It was heartbreaking to watch her mom on the stand. For 3 long days. It was just heartbreaking. She wants to protect her child, but the truth and the evidence is certainly going the other direction.
5. Have I mentioned that everything seems to take forever? This is the first trial I have watched on t.v. since the O.J. trial and I had no idea that they now have laptops every two feet in a courtroom. You can't move an inch without tripping over a laptop. All the evidence is submitted on a laptop. You know all the pictures and huge big blown up floor plans and stuff they used to stick up on an easel and use a pointer to demonstrate where everything is? Now they are on a laptop.
And what happens is this:
Attorney: "Sir, we would like to bring up Prosecution exhibit ML"
(hum de dum, hum de dum de dum, twiddle your thumbs for five minutes while someone figures out how to show that exhibit to the witness and the judge)
Judge: (whose name is Belvin, which I love! What do you suppose his family calls him for short?) "Defense, any objections?"
(wait and twiddle some more while we hear mumble mumble from the defense table)
Judge: "Go ahead and place this into evidence"
Attorney: addressing witness "Do you see what is in exhibit ML?"
Witness: "Yes"
Attorney: "Can you tell us if it is a true and accurate representation of (whatever it is) on or about the day of July 15, 2008?"
Witness: "Yes"
Attorney: "Judge, can we publish this exhibit ML to the jury?"
Judge Belvin: "Yes you may"
(wait and twiddle a bunch more while they figure out how to publish Exhibit ML over to the laptop the jury sees) Now I don't know if each juror has their own laptop or just one for all of them because they are very careful to not show any of the jurors on the camera.
Anyhoo, this goes on and on for H O U R S! Then someone asks to take a break. And they break for 15 minutes, or an hour and a half, or whatever. Then some dickhead attorney will object to something and demand a sidebar and they all scurry over and huddle up and sidebar about where they are all going for happy hour or whether the Miami Heat can beat the Dallas Mavericks, or whatever the hell it is that they have to sidebar about multiple times a day. It is sssss llllll ooooooo wwwwwwww going, is what it is.
and last but not least:
6. Casey is one stone-faced young woman. She is hard as nails. I don't know what the deal is with her not showing any emotions at all, but I can't believe it can work in her favor to look callous and like you just don't give a shit.
That is my recap of the trial thus far. Please stay tuned for more!
Let me hear from you regarding this case. What do you think?
I know the trial is crawling, and it has taken a ridiculously long time to even get to the trial, but when I was reading an article about it yesterday and saw that all this went down in 2008, it just hit me how long it has really taken.
ReplyDeleteSpeed it up already!
I'm not watching it on TV, but it's the first thing I read in the mornings. I check on it during the day. A lot of articles have mentioned Casey crying on the occasional testimony. She's still pretty stone faced, though.
ReplyDeleteMaybe it's a good thing I've never been on a jury. Sounds incredibly boring!
I'm not watching any of it. None of it. I need to keep my blood pressure under control. I'm sort of an ostrich about news these days - there's enough going on here in Mexico that I just try to think positively and get through my days.
ReplyDelete