Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Seriously?

You know how I feel about stupid people being allowed to not only NAME their kids ridiculous names, but also RAISE them!  Arg, it just drives me nuts.  These cute little babies are not extensions of your idiot selves, but human beings who are going to grow up and hate your ass for saddling them with horrible names.

So I have two new stories about dumb asses naming babies.  The other day we were at the big graduation and we are following along in the printed program and reading all the names (and secretly guesstimating how much longer we are going to be sitting and not eating since we were all starving!).  And word got passed around in our group to look on page 55.  Left column.

I don't recall the middle or surname, but the first name was a doozy.

Are you ready?




Aquanetta.

Just like that.  Aquanetta.   All one word.  Of course by then she had long since crossed the stage so we didn't get to see Aquanetta and decide whether or not her name fit her.  Heeeee!  My guess is that if I have gone 50 years and never before seen an Aquanetta before, I may never see another one.  So it was my loss.

And now you need to check out this link.  These people should be beaten about their heads and shoulders for doing this to a small child.

Go ahead, click over and read.  It's short and I will wait.

chirp, chirp, chirp.  Just waiting and whistling over here.

Are you back?  Can you believe people are that strange?

Me neither.

Over here at Chez Lisa Pie I name only the pets with interesting names.  I figure they don't really give a shit.  But my human children?  They got what I consider to be beautiful timeless Biblical names.  I didn't want my kids to grow up and hate me, thank you very much.

3 comments:

  1. Aquanetta! Named after hair spray?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, add me to the list of people who gets all riled up over the asinine things people name their kids. I know someone who had considered the name, "Diesel" for their son and I told them that a) I would be forced to beat some sense into their heads and 2) if they insisted on going through with that name, they dang well better name their next kid "Unleaded."

    When I named my offspring, I chose basic, non-trendy names. I didn't want people being unable to pronounce or spell their names correctly. Thing 1 and Thing 2 are about as basic as you can get, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet she goes by her nickname, Q-Net.

    ReplyDelete