How excited am I? Oh my sweet Lord! Dallas is returning! Dallas, you say? You mean those stupid ass Cowboys owned by that stupid Jerry Jones? Nope.
I mean Dallas. The glitzy, glamourous, fabulous show from the 1980s. Yes indeed! It's back! And guess who is coming back for it?
J.R.! (Do you remember who shot that sorry bastard that everyone loved to hate?)
Sue Ellen (who didn't seem to know any other facial expression than that one!)
and Bobby!
Here's the scoop: The show is to center around J.R. and Sue Ellen's boy, John Ross and Bobby and Pam's son Christopher. And of course a love triangle. 'Cause what would night time soap opera drama be without cousins fighting over a love interest!
I can NOT wait to see who gets cast for John Ross and Christopher. (Can you tell how exciting this news is to me?) Oh, and won't it be a hoot if all the women are STILL wearing 1980's hair and makeup?
For those of you who are not from Texas and from the Dallas area in particular; the house Southfork that they used in this show really exists. It is in Plano. And I went to high school with 2 of the boys of the family that live there. I sure hope they are going to all still be living at Southfork on the new show!
All my kids lives I have told them that I wanted a house like the one on Dallas where it would be shaped in a square and Mr. Big Ed and I would have a wing, each of my kids get a wing and the fourth side would be the familial public areas. We would all meet downstairs in the parlor for cocktails before dinner and have a huge family dinner together most evenings. My kids' kids would grow up right there surrounded by their grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. In the bosom of the family, as it were!
Oh, I had such high hopes! sigh. They are not the least bit interested in this plan. Ungrateful savages.
Here is what I am thinking, hopefully they will be using Southfork as the setting for the new show. My kids will watch it and the subliminal message will sink in. Heh, heh, my evil plan will work! Yes!
More news as I hear about the show. And as always, if you hear anything before me, please, please, do share!



I saw that news yesterday (because what else is there to do when "working from home" than to check celebrity news!). I did not watch the original, but I'm excited for this! definitely will make the dvr list.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if the old series is available online anywhere? It would be good to see it all again and be "in the know" for the upcoming newer Dallas.
ReplyDeleteDid you read when it will be airing?
I shot J.R.!
ReplyDeleteThis is no lie, back in the 80s I was the one who asked, "Who is JR?" I wasn't a TV watcher, even back then.
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for you, though!!
I never watched Dallas but even *I* knew who shot J.R.
ReplyDeleteLarry Hagman always gave me creepy chills. He's got flat, dead, cold eyes. Which made him a good villain.
Add his insincere grin/smile to the cold eyes, and he is mean looking.
ReplyDeletefrom imdb.com
ReplyDeleteDesperate Housewives hunk Jesse Metcalfe is about to join the Ewings in the Dallas revamp.
The actor has signed up to play oil tycoon J.R. Ewing's nephew in the update of the hit 1980s soap.
He'll reportedly join Julie Gonzalo and Josh Henderson as the cast for the new show takes shape.
Original Dallas stars Larry Hagman, Linda Gray and Patrick Duffy will revive their old roles as J.R., Sue Ellen and Bobby Ewing in the new show.
Thanks for the update! That little Jesse Metcalfe is easy on the eyes, so that's a good call on casting. I will have to google the others to see who they are.
ReplyDelete